Baby alpaca wool blanket
- 100% Peruvian baby alpaca wool is
used for our items;
- Luxurious as cashmere, but softer and stronger;
- Warmer than other wools;
- Perfect for sensitive skins;
- Made in Peru
Benefits of alpaca wool
is as luxurious as cashmere but softer and stronger. It is lighter and warmer
than sheep’s wool. The warmth of baby alpaca wool is insured by the fact that
its fibre is hollow. So it serves as an insulator to keep warm air in.
Alpaca wool is ideal for babies or sensitive skins. It has no lanolin – that’s why it is hypoallergenic and is a perfect solution for children and allergy-prone adults. It does not produce a ‘prickle effect’ associated with ordinary wools.
Yes. See care instructions below:
- Machine or hand wash cool (30°C);
- Use gentle, liquid detergent;
- Gently squeeze out the water by hand and place it on a flat surface to dry;
- You can also lay it on top of a towel to absorb extra moisture;
- Don’t dry it in sun;
- Ironing is not recommended.
Does alpaca wool shrink?
When it comes to shrinking, alpaca wool is not the same as cotton or any material, but it can happen if the percentage of alpaca wool is really high.
How to make alpaca wool less itchy?
In general, alpaca wool is less itchy than average woollen products, but for people who are very sensitive to wear it, we recommend wearing it as an outer layer.